Consulting for online
Creators & Entrepreneurs
We accompany online creators & entrepreneurs in their digitalisation & provide legal compliance & digital strategy consulting so that they can built a sustainable and scalable e-business or e-commerce.
WE MAKE E-REGULATIONS S.M.A.R.T & AGILE
Thrive your business into a digitalisation world
Regulations must embrace your online business’ growth and protect it from harm.
Regulations should be accessible, empowering and helpful.
We provide practical solutions to online creators & entrepreneurs.
If you feel overwhelmed, you are not alone. We make Regulations simple
We apply S.m.a.r.t & agile method
WE APPLY THE SMART & AGILE METHOD TO YOUR E-NEEDS:
SMART as Specific, Measurable, Acceptable, Realistic and Time-bound
AGILE as we implement actions through an iterative development process, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between us, your organisation and cross-functional teams.
Data Protection Compliance
Do you need someone to help you with data protection & GDPR? We can help you to protect personal information at the lowest cost and get business value out of those efforts.
We help you to assess your strategy, create a roadmap and implement solutions to embrace the laws and regulations applicable to your sector.
If you’re looking for legal information on a specific topic, we can guide you and point you towards the most up-to-date legal information.
We help you learn about legal compliance. We provide seminars, interactive workshops, webinars and executive briefings on various legal topics so that you learn to comly yourself.
We create a digital roadmap that outlines which goal your business wants to achieve, identifying some digital initiatives that can help it get there.
DATA PROTECTION COMPLIANCE
Data Protection in a practical and effective way
Do you need someone to help you with data protection compliance and the GDPR? Are you busy with a data protection compliance project or implementation project?
We can help you to take practical effective action to protect personal information at the lowest cost and get business value out of those efforts. Our process is insightful, entrepreneurial, and will reduce your overall costs.
Our role is similar to that of an architect when you build a house. We make you aware of the practical implications, help you plan what needs to be done and review that everything has been done correctly. We do this by following a Four-Step Compliance Process method in collaboration with Panthéon-Sorbonne digital hub to benefit from the latest up-to-date IT jurisprudence.
Step 1 : LEARN
Learn about the new regulatory requirements. This is the first step towards compliance. We help you to:
- Know what data protection compliance is and how to do it practically and effectively, what the law might require your organisation to do.
- Know what you need to comply with
- Assess the impact of data protection laws on your organisation by doing an impact assessment
- Understand your risk profile by doing a risk assessment.
- Establish the business case, motivation or strategy for further action and get the governing body to approve a data protection compliance policy.
Step 2 : PLAN
Planning is vitally important. You need to know who is going to do what, when and what you are not going to do. We will help you plan. Planning includes to:
- Identify the role players, like manager and data officer.
- Map your activities to establish the facts about your organisation that are relevant to data protection, identify the sections of law that are relevant to your activities, record how you are processing lawfully, determine the gaps where you are not processing lawfully, and identify implementation actions.
- Ensure there is a common interpretation of data protection law in your organisation to extract the areas you need to pay attention to or by getting us to provide you with an opinion on various issues, especially around cross-border data flow issues, cloud computing, legitimate interests, and the application of laws.
- Identify and assign your implementation actions. Given limited resources and time, you need to follow a risk-based approach first to decide what you need to do and in what order. For each action item, you must determine how important it is, who is responsible for it, the resource that will actually do it, what it will cost, and what the deadline is.
- Identify your roadmap.
Step 3 : PROTECT
It is the step where you take action to protect personal data. The identified resource must take practical effective action to protect personal information. People within your organisation will have to do many of the action items.
We can help you do some (not all) of the actions and other external resources will also help you do some.
Doing includes to implement the quick wins and do the other implementation action items in accordance with your roadmap.
We can tell you which action we can assist you or support you during the implementation phase, especially with the implementation of action items by other external resources.
We can attend project meetings to provide practical guidance and insight, answer questions that come out of meetings, provide updates on significant developments.
Step 4 : SUSTAIN
Sustain your compliance status by checking that the relevant resource has correctly implemented the actions.
We comply for you
We are not a law firm.
We’re techies and digital consultants with a IT law background – a rare species.
We provide practical solutions & guidelines, written in plain language and easy to implement.
Our process is insightful, entrepreneurial, and will reduce your overall costs.
privacy policies and procedures
All companies need privacy policies and procedures. They ensure quality, consistent outcomes, manage risk & ensure compliance.
We help our clients in all aspects related to the protection of personal data.
- Audit of personal data processing
- Assistance with impact analyzes
- Compliance assistance
- Writing of notices, privacy policies, cookies policies
- Drafting of clauses specific to personal data in contracts
- Advice and support in the application of the principles of Privacy by design and Privacy by default
- Validation of customer or user journeys
- Assistance with administrative formalities with the CNIL & CNPD
- Support and advice in the context of CNIL /CNPD controls
- Support and advice in the context of complaints from data subjects whose personal data is processed (right of access, right of opposition, etc.)
Do your customers understand your documents?
Simple language in many contracts has become a consumer right and a competitive advantage. Poor drafting has become a liability. Plain language law is a growing movement, which brings enormous benefits.
We help understand & draft in plain language General conditions of use, sale or services (B2B, B2C, website CGU)
E-reputation is the reputation of a natural person (even under a pseudonym), of a legal entity (e.g. a company or a public body) and/or its products and services on the Internet. It represents the image that web users have thereof. It depends on several factors, from the quality of the product to the acts carried out by the person or entity. The key factor for influencing one’s e-reputation is communication.
In this respect, the e-reputation of a company is based on several kinds of communication:
- communication stemming from the company itself (‘owned media’, e.g. press releases on the company’s website),
- communication stemming from third parties at the request of the company and against payment (‘paid media’, e.g. ad banners on the website of a third party) and
- ‘free’ communication by third parties (‘earned media’, e.g. client comments on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc.).
In a world where the Internet makes communication global, instantaneous and often permanent, a company must carefully control its own communication and manage communication stemming from third parties.
A company’s e-reputation turns out to be both a marketing matter and a legal matter. Throughout its presence on the Internet, it is essential for the company both to build (and maintain) its e-reputation and to defend it if necessary.
HOW CAN WE HELP? We audit and manage your e-reputation on internet and intervene when your E-reputation rights is broken (defamation, denigration, identity theft, etc.)
An IT contract is any contract that has at least some connection to the world of information technology. You sign an IT contract when you order goods over the internet, sell your time as a web developer, or even licence someone else to use your software. Because of this, many historically ‘offline’ contracts can become IT contracts if the circumstances are right – even where they are simply accepted online. In fact, each time goods and services selling have some connection to the digital world, they require, as IT contracts, the application of the standard contracts rules and IT regulations.
IT contracts include:
- Support and Maintenance Services Agreement – where one company provides support and maintenance for software or hardware that another company uses
- Development Services Agreement – where one company provides development services to another company
- Consulting Services Agreement – where one company provides consulting services to another company
- Professional Services Agreement – where one company provides professional services to another company
- Licence Agreement – where one company or individual licences their software or other intellectual property to another company or individual
- SAAS software as a service Agreement where one company provides software to another company or individual, via a web or mobile application
- IT Support Agreement or IT Services Agreement
How We Can Help You to understand, create simple and strong IT contracts. We draft in plain language, which will help to set out clearly what both parties expect from one another.
internet regulations & E-commerce
The internet and new technologies will continue to redefine the traditional boundaries of regulations. We can help you to understand the new opportunities that these technologies provide, or how they might impact your businesses.
We have helped make the regulations accessible and empowering to various businesses and entities, including:
- e-commerce businesses,
- website design companies,
- web hosting companies,
- internet service providers,
- digital entertainment developers, and
- regular internet users
Information technology law has become a specialist area with many laws that specifically relate to IT or ICT. Essentially, we help with the legal aspects of ICT (for example the development of an information system). We’re techies and lawyers – a rare breed.
How we can help you
- Conclude IT contracts with your customers, contractors, agents, resellers and others.
- Protect your intellectual property
- Get a domain name from someone or protect yourself from someone demanding a domain name.
- Ensure that your personnel use IT (like email) responsibly by drafting or reviewing your IT policies
- Give people access to information you hold in accordance with the law.
- Sell things online or electronically. Automate processes.
- Get paid quicker by billing your clients electronically.
- Ensure that electronic evidence you have will carry evidentiary weight.
- Manage your records and information as the law requires you too.
- Know what you must do to secure your information in accordance with your legal obligations.
- Process personnel information (or data) lawfully.
- Outsource your certain IT goods or services to vendors.
- Avoid the risks of using open source software.
It governance, risks & compliance
IT governance, risk and compliance is a broad topic that has many aspects to it. We provide various services that relate to IT governance, risk and compliance that will help you to:
- Apply IT Governance, Risk and Compliance in a practical way to real issues.
- Practice good IT Governance.
- Address IT compliance risk.
- Ensure IT compliance by complying with information, communications and technology regulations and adhering to IT rules, codes and standards.
The Benefits of Focusing on IT GRC
- Reduce your risk profile.
- Implement current best practice.
- Manage the risks of non-compliance.
- Avoid legal problems, difficulties, and disputes.
- Keep your board continually informed of relevant IT laws, rules codes and standards, including changes to them.
Linked to a branding identity strategy, your biggest asset can be intellectual property.
Because the exploitation of content in the digital world constantly raises new questions and requires permanent adaptation, we developed expertise in intellectual property applied to new information technologies.
advertising & marketing
Advertising and marketing are just as important as they have always been to the success of organisations. In the digital context, you need to be Compliant with advertising and marketing regulations otherwise, you can get yourself into some serious trouble.
How we can help :
Learn how to market without breaking the law by attending a workshop
Stand out from the crowd by establishing a brand identity
Avoid legal problems whilst advertising using digital ads, like Google Adwords, by knowing how not to infringe the trademark of others
Promote your offerings by running lawful promotional competitions
Manage your relationships with sponsors or sponsor events.
Lawfully process personnal datas information (or protect data) whilst marketing.
Manage your relationship with advertisers by providing you with an advertising agreement
Know the impact of data protection on your marketing by attending a webinar, workshop.
crowdfunding & sponsoring
A guidance built to comply yourself
Do you need practical legal guidance on a specific issue you face?
Our guidance takes the form of legal alerts (alerting you to things you need to know), podcasts (listen to audio files of interviews, presentations, or just explanations), self-assessments (to test your strengths, know your weaknesses), and updates (updates on the legal, regulatory and policy developments in the ICT industry).
Our legal guidance differs to normal legal advice in that: you do not consult with a law firm and face-to-face, we do not charge on an hourly basis, it addresses the types of issues you sometimes would consult your lawyer on, but the answers you receive are not tailored to your organisation (which is why it’s not strictly speaking “advice”, but “guidance”), you find legal guidance fast (on-demand and when you need it) and for a cost-effective fee.
Trainings built to comply yourself
We strive to make the law accessible, empowering and helpful.
Our in-person and online workshops are designed to develop your knowledge and understanding of the topic while sharing practical insights into organisational impact.
So let’s get started and join a programme !
A roadmap built exactly to online creators and entrepreneurs’needs
Digital transformation has become a strategic issue for companies because it conveys disrupting competitive environments, value chains, business models and professions within organizations.
Whether it is driving the digital transformation of your business or taking advantage of Data, our experts will help you understand the impacts, challenges and opportunities related to Digital.
Managers must quickly acquire new skills and know-how and adapt their economic model to the digital world.
We create a digital roadmap that outlines what goal your business wants to achieve, identifying some digital initiatives that can help it get there.
It provides a blueprint for action that aligns digital initiatives with short- and longer-term business objectives.
STEP 1 : Auditing
This is the diagnostic phase of any strategic project including a digital dimension.
STEP 2 : Finding your target audience
We advise you to choose and prioritize your target audience & put the customer at the center of the digital strategy.
We help clients pinpoint emerging opportunities, find unexpected value, and create new businesses by harnessing amo,g others the full power of digital marketing & blue ocean strategy.
STEP 3 : Defining the strategical directions
Define the orientations, objectives and initiatives of the digital strategy.
STEP 4 : Structuring
This is the phase of structuring and deploying the strategic project at the organizational and technological level for an optimal digital experience.
STEP 5 : converting
This is the phase where you promote the project by representing the many existing digital levers to generate added value.
STEP 6 : Conducting
Conduct the digital transformation of the company.
GDPR & Cookies policies
We empower our clients by providing easy to understand IT policies and agreements.
and implementing the Website Privacy portal :
- Global Webiste privacy Notice
- Cookie Notice
- Global Privacy Notice
- Data Protection Standards
We help with audit and consultance for launching an online sales business, improving the webshop ‘ convertion, selectioning service providers in accordance with comliance regulations, advisising legal compliance of an e-commerce site (General conditions of use, sale or services, Privacy and cookies policy, “CNIL” /”CNPD” mentions & implemention of compliant online payment services).
Branding Identity Protection
We help with :
- the branding identity strategy
- the monitoring & implementation of transactions relating to copyright and related rights
- e-reputation management by the creation of brand content (blogs etc).